Specialist in Paediatric Neurology
- MBBCH (Ireland)
- FHKAM (Paediatrics)
- Specialist in Paediatric Neurology
- Honorary positions
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor in Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, HKU
Specialist in Developmental-Behavioural Paediatrics
- MBChB ( CUHK)
- MRCP (UK)
- DCH (Ireland)
- FHKAM (Paediatrics)
- Specialist in Developmental-Behavioural Paediatrics
- Honorary positions
- Tutor, Association for Research in Infant and Child Development, UK
- Honorary Clinical Assistant Professor in Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, HK
Registered Clinical Psychologist (HKPS)
M.Soc.Sc.(Clin Psy), HKU
Ms Angela Chung is a Registered Clinical Psychologist of the Hong Kong Psychological Society. She obtained her Master of Social Sciences degree in Clinical Psychology and Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology at the University of Hong Kong. She had served as Honorary Clinical Supervisor for the clinical psychology program of both the University of Hong Kong and the Chinese University of Hong Kong and provided clinical supervision to clinical psychology trainees.
Ms Angela Chung had ten years of clinical experience working at the Child Assessment Service, Department of Health. She had specialized in diagnostic assessment and management of children with developmental-behavioural problems, including Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Specific Learning Difficulties, Intellectual Disability, other behavioural and emotional problems, and acquired brain injury. She provided coaching to parents on positive parenting skills and provided training to related professionals on understanding and supporting children's developmental needs.
M.Soc.Sc.(Clin.Psy.),Registered Clinical Psychologist (HK),
Chartered Clinical Psychologist (UK), Registered Psychologist (NSW & Vic, Aus)
Mr. Ng, previously a registered psychiatric nurse and a registered general nurse, currently is a Registered Clinical Psychologist of the Hong Kong Psychological Society, as well as a Registered Clinical Psychologist in United Kingdom and Australia. He graduated from the University of Hong Kong with a Master of Social Sciences (Clinical Psychology) degree.
Mr. Ng worked in various government departments, nongovernment social welfare agencies, medical settings, and tertiary education institutes. Amongst various settings of clinical practice, he spent nearly twenty years in dealing with children and adolescents thus obtaining rich experiences in assessment and management of children / adolescents of different developmental conditions, including physically handicapped. Mr. Ng is also experienced in educating parents on effective parenting skills and other related parenting issues. He received specific training and became a qualified practitioner of the Triple-P program (Positive Parenting Program) designed by the University of Queensland, Australia.
PSYD (HKU), HKPS Registered Clinical Psychologist, Psychology Board of Australia, MAPS
Dr. Kong is a Clinical Psychologist who specalises in using systematic and evidence-based techniques to coach children and parents in order to enhance the emotional, social, behavioural and educational well-being of children. Dr. Kong is experienced in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a range of emotional, behavioural and developmental difficulties in clinical and research settings both in Hong Kong and in Australia.
Dr. Kong's qualifications include Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) at the University of Hong Kong, Master of Clinical Psychology (Honours) and a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) at University of NSW, Australia. Dr. Kong values and maintains the importance of continuous professional development to enhance her skills and to apply the most updated and effective evidence-based interventions. She collaborates with the University of Hong Kong, Department of Psychology, to develop and evaluate coaching programs for young children with special educational needs and their parents living in Hong Kong. Preliminary results show that the program can effectively reduce parental stress, improve children's social and behavioural development and allow parents to enjoy a more harmonious parent-child relationship.
Dr. Kong is fully registered with the Hong Kong Psychological Society and the NSW Psychologists’ Registration Board. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society, College of Clinical Psychologist.
Registered Educational Psychologist (HKPS DEP)
Registered Health Practitioner (AHPRA)
Registered Psychologist (MAPS)
Mr. Victor CHING has more than ten years of working experience in the various educational settings from pre-K to university students, including conducting psycho-educational assessments to support students’ development and learning; delivering programmes, seminars and workshops for parents, students, teachers and university students; as well as providing consultations and counselling on students’ development and learning issues. He is specialised in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Gifted Education, Kindergarten Education, Parent Education, Psychological First Aid and Specific Learning Difficulties.
As a Hong Kong Psychological Society member, Victor is a registered psychologist in the Division of Educational Psychology and a registered SMPG facilitator of the SENG (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) in USA. He is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society and a registered health practitioner in the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Doctor of Psychology in the field of Educational Psychology(The University of Hong Kong)
Dr. Cecilia Lam is a Registered Educational and Developmental psychologist in Australia and Hong Kong. Specialized in working with preschoolers and primary school children, diagnosing and managing children with Specific Learning Difficulties, Social-emotional difficulties, behavioral difficulties, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Conduct Disorder and Mood Disorder. In addition, an experienced trainer in delivering workshops and seminars for parents, teachers and other professionals.
Specialties: Prevention Program, Curriculum Based Intervention, Psychological assessments, Conduct therapeutic groups, Teacher Trainings, Design and implement curriculum based prevention and early intervention programs.
Provide individual counseling and training using the following approach : Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Play Therapy (PT), Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), Theraplay
- BSc (Hons) Occupational therapy
Laurena is a school based occupational therapist and currently works with students from age 5-19 years old. She has also had experience working with adults and individuals with Aspergers and mental disorders. She pursued her degree in Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern California and Hong Kong Polytechnic University and has experience working in early intervention, sensory integration, and also worked at the USC Lifestyle Redesign Center. She is certified in Therapeutic Listeningâ and has training in Handwriting without Tearsâ and The Alert Programâ. She has a passion towards sensory integration as well as working with individuals with ADHD. Laurena believes that all children are born with their own set of gifts and talents and it takes just one person to help them cultivate their strengths in order to find success in life. In her free time, Laurena enjoys spending time with her husband, daughter and their two dogs.
Master of Social Science (Counseling), Bachelor of Science (Hon) (Occupational Therapy), Sensory Integration and Praxis Test Certificate, Advanced Therapeutic Listening Certificate
B.Sc.PT (the Netherlands) • Cert.CE (Hungary), Cert.Bobath (HK), Cert.PNF (HK), Cert.Sh.baby massage (the Netherlands), Dipl.Acupuncture (China)
Speech Language Pathologist, reg. CASLPO
MSpPathSt (Distinction) – University of Queensland, Australia
Hons.BSc (Psychology and Linguistics) – University of Toronto, Canada
· Qualified examiner of Hong Kong Cantonese Oral Language Assessment Scale (HKCOLAS)
· Qualified Hong Kong Graded Character Naming Test (HKGCNT) User
· Certified therapist of PROMPT technique
· Certified provider of It Takes Two to Talk® The Hanen Program® for Parents
· Certified trainer of Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
· Certified provider of SRJ TalkTools Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) Level 1
· Certified provider of The Lidcombe Program for stuttering
· Certified provider of Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy (LMRVT)
· Certified provider of Adverntures In Voice (AIV)
· Member of Hong Kong Association of Speech Therapists (HKAST)
· Member of Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
· Member of The College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists (CASLPO)
· English Schools Foundation (ESF)
· School based Speech Therapist (EDB) Primary & Special Schools
· Hong Kong Kindergartens and Child Development Centers
· Hong Kong Institution of Education (Research)
· Hong Kong Association of the Deaf
· York Region Preschool Speech and Language Programs, Canada
· Adult and child speech therapy services
· The Royal Children's Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
· The Townsville Hospital, Townsville, Australia
· The Good Sheppard Home, Townsville, Australia
· UQ Clinic, University of Queensland, Australia
Cheryl has a Masters of Speech Pathology Studies from the University of Queensland, Australia and an Honors Bachelors of Science from the University of Toronto majoring in psychology and linguistics. Cheryl currently holds the position of Speech Language Pathologist at an independent special needs school in Hong Kong which she sees a wide range of paediatric clients. She is a registered member of The College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) and is a member of Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC). She is dedicated to her work as a Speech Language Pathologist and she thrives to make a difference in the lives of her clients and their caregivers.
MSc Voice Pathology (Distinction) – University College London
BSc (Speech & Hearing) – HKU
- Qualified examiner of Hong Kong Cantonese Oral Language Assessment Scale (HKCOLAS)
- Qualified Hong Kong Graded Character Naming Test (HKGCNT) User
- School-based speech and language support training course for Speech
- Basic Training in the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) certificate
- Certified Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation Provider for Dysphagia (DPNS)
- TalkTools ORAL PLACEMENT THERAPY Level 1 & Level 2
- Talk Tools Childhood Apraxia of Speech: The Oral-motor Component Certificate
- Beckman Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention Certificate
- VOICECRAFT “Yell Well” Workshop
- The Stutter-Free Speech Program – Hands-on Training
- VitalStim® Therapy
- SCERTS® Model
- Member of Hong Kong Association of Speech Therapists
- Cognitive Behavioural Interventions for People with High Functioning Autism
- Level One Introductory Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method training
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Examination of Swallowing (FEES) Workshop 2013
- Certificate of Child Psychology (The Open University of Hong Kong)
- The complete Estill Voice Training Course Level One & Level Two
- School based Speech Therapist (EDB) Primary & Secondary Schools
- Tung Chung and Tuen Mun Kindergartens
- Tung Chung NGO
- Yuen Long Severe MR Schools
- Hong Kong Institution of Education (Research)
- Hong Kong Association of the Deaf
B.Sc. (Speech & Hearing Sciences, HKU)
Postgraduate Diploma (Psychology, CUHK)
School-based speech and language support training course for Speech Therapist (HKU SPACE)
Member of HKAST
- Qualified The Hong Kong Cantonese Oral Language Assessment Scale (HKCOLAS) examiner
- Certificate and License to practice Feurestein Instrumental Enrichment Basic Mediator
- Certificate in Beckmann Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention
- Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Oral Placement Therapy Level 1 & 2
- Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Childhood Apraxia of Speech: The Oral-motor Component
- Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Feeding Therapy: A sensory-motor Approach
- Certificate in Interactive Oral Sensory-Motor Therapy Tools and Techniques (IOSM TnT)
- Certificate in Teaching Social Thinking and Social Skills
- Certificate in DIR “Floor Time”
- Certificate in Lessac-Madsen Resonance Voice Therapy - Adults and Kids (LMRVT)
- Certificate in the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Certificate in PROMPT approach
- Certificate in managing difficult behaviours of ADHD children
- Current Concepts in Sensory Processing Intervention for ASD
- Workshop on “Creating A Portal to Affective Communication Using Interactive Oral Sensory-Motor Tools and Techniques for the MOST Difficult Communication Disorders
Monica has over 15 years of clinical experiences working in various settings, including Special Child Care Centre, Early Education and Training Centre, Special School as well as providing school-based speech therapy for various schools and specializes in preschoolers and school-aged children with mild to severe speech, language or social communication deficits. She believes that, with early intervention and individualized treatment, children can improve in communication skills and hence be more confident and independent.
M.A. (Linguistics, HKU)
B.Sc. (Speech & Hearing Sciences, HKU)
Member of HKAST
· Qualified The Hong Kong Cantonese Oral Language Assessment Scale (HKCOLAS) examiner
· Qualified Hong Kong Graded Character Naming Test (HKGNCT) user
· Certificate in Beckmann Oral Motor Assessment and Intervention
· Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Oral Placement Therapy Level 1 & 2
· Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Childhood Apraxia of Speech: The Oral-motor Component
· Certificate in SRJ Talk Tools Feeding Therapy: A sensory-motor Approach
· Certificate in Interactive Oral Sensory-Motor Therapy Tools and Techniques (IOSM TnT)
· Certificate in Lessac-Madsen Resonance Voice Therapy - Adults and Kids (LMRVT)
· Certificate in the Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
· Certificate in PROMPT approach
· Certificate in TEACCH program
· Certificate in SCERTS® Model
Maggie has more than 15 years of experiences working with children with speech and language developmental problems in various settings, including Special Child Care Centre, Hospital Authority, and Early Education and Training Centre.
Maggie has also had experiences working for District-based Speech Therapy Service in providing speech therapy service to children with speech or communication impairment, as well as been working for the Educational Bureau in conducting school-based speech therapy for various schools.
Based on children’s individual needs, Maggie is specialized in designing therapeutic programmes to facilitate their speech and development and to enhance their social and communication skills at home, at school and in daily life in general.
- Master of Science, Speech-Language PathologySchool of Human Communication Disorders, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy (Honours) & English, Washington & Lee University, USA,
- Certified Member, Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists & Audiologists
- Member, Hong Kong Association of Speech Therapists
Arthur is a Canadian certified speech-language pathologist who speaks fluent Cantonese and English. Arthur specializes in preschoolers and school-aged children with speech, language and social communication deficits. Working closely with various local and international schools, psychologists and pediatricians in Hong Kong, Arthur also provide parent training and workshops through a number of hospitals and non-government organizations (NGOs). Given Hong Kong's educational situation, Arthur has extensive experience in guiding parents through the challenges of the admissions process.
Registered Nurse (General), Hong Kong Nursing Council
Registered Nurse, Nursing & Midwifery Council, UK
Registered Nurse, State of California, Board of Registered Nurse, US
Master Degree of Management in Health Care, Oxford Brookes University (UK)
Bachelor of Nursing (Honours), The Chinese University of Hong Kong