Consultation and Counselling
We provide consultation for individuals who need advice on rehabilitation of developmental delay and disabilities, for caregivers who seek coaching on parenting children with special educational needs or with gifted development, as well as advice on marital, self-efficacy and mental health issues. Our experienced psychologists and paediatricians open the door to families and individuals in need of professional opinions as well as anticipatory guidance.
Our consultation services include:
- Genetic counseling and testing
- Collaborative rehabilitation plan following an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) e.g. Shaken Baby Syndrome, brain tumour, encephalitis or meningitis
- Habitation Plan for infants and children suffering from genetic or perinatal hypoxic encephalopathy, e.g. cerebral palsy, neuro-muscular disease, inborn errors of metabolism
- Premarital and Marital counseling
- Pre-adoption counseling and assessment
- The Triple P- Positive Parenting Program®- The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat behavioural and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realize their potential.
- The Incredible Years Program® - The Incredible Years Program a set of interlocking, comprehensive, and developmentally based programs targeting parents and children. The programs are designed for the therapist and parents to work jointly to promote emotional, social, and academic competence and to prevent, reduce, and treat behavioral and emotional problems in young children
- Circle of Security Parenting Program is a set of evidence based program based on attachment theory. It helps parents learn to read and sespond to children's emotional needs and strengthen the parent-child relationship. The program is for parents of children aged 0-5
- Living with gifted development
- Counseling for mental health issues like anxiety problems, low self esteem, motivation problem or adjustment problems